Contact me: Rachelclementine@gmail.com, mobile 07960613786


Collaboration with Sharon Campbell:www.apocketfulloftreasures.blogspot.com

Collaboration with Justine Cook: www.cookandramchurn.blogspot.com




Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cutting at Arley or my shed?...

I had a really hard time trying to decide whether to cut the sculptures at Arley Hall or at home. I know I am working at Arley in December and felt a bit of me wanted ownership of the wood at least for a short while. To have them in my shed is to know that the decision was correct - although at the time when Barry, my friend Kevin and myself were lugging logs into the van I wasn't quite so sure. I have a room full of shapely reminders of the gardens (seeds, pods, leaves, flowers) and can still feel a wave of calm thinking of them so until that runs out I shall cut them here in my shed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel - I love the idea of being surrounded by 'shapely reminders'. Do you think the organic shapes of leaves and pods will be reflected in your final pieces? It all sounds very tranquil and relaxed - we look forward to experiencing the results! Zoe

Rachel said...

I hope so! We shall wait and see.